Employee Retirement Income Security Act
Attorneys at Buckley & Buckley have over 20 years of experience in defending employee welfare benefit plans, plan administrators and claim administrators in ERISA litigation, including claims for disability benefits, life insurance benefits and accidental death benefits.
See, for example:
· Mitchell v. Robinson, 2015 WL 1650871 (E.D. Mo. April 14, 2015) (life and accidental death)
· Sigai v. Metropolitan Life Ins. Co., 2014 WL 4071690 (D. Kan. Aug. 18, 2014) (disability)
· River v. Edward D. Jones Co., 646 F.3d 1028 (8th Cir. 2011) (accidental death)
· Palmer v. Metropolitan Life Ins. Co., 415 Fed. Appx. 913 (10th Cir. 2011) (disability)
· Azzanni v. MetLife Disability, 700 F.Supp.2d 1104 (E.D. Mo. 2010) (disability)
Buckley & Buckley also represents insurers and claim administrators in interpleader actions, where there is a dispute as to who is entitled to life insurance or accidental death benefits under an ERISA-governed plan.
Partner Ann Buckley has been selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America for her work in Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law.